In response to the destructive effects of water and the constant need to modernize hydrotechnical structures that protect the population and infrastructure from disasters such as floods and landslides, we decided to start the production of vinyl piles , “Ecological Barrier Profiles”. The pillars for this decision were our many years of experience in the production of a wide range of PVC granulates and the social responsibility to create a product to improve the effectiveness of structures serving humankind. In addition, the adverse geological and hydrodynamic phenomena and the seeping of dikes observed at the turn of the year were additional arguments. The PVC piles produced at Esti Polymer have been successively supporting the civil engineering sectors, where they find many applications in hydraulic, civil and industrial construction.
Ecological Barrier Profiles are characterized by high resistance to biological and atmospheric factors, mechanical damage and attractive price, and are a good alternative to steel sheet piling and wooden palisades. The use of vinyl piles reduces the cost of material, installation and transportation. They are harmless to the environment and completely resistant to rodent activity. They can be easily fused with other building materials – wall crownings (caps) can be made of plastic, wood, concrete and steel. They do not require maintenance and do not lose mechanical and strength parameters, do not corrode and are resistant to UV radiation and seawater. Thanks to the use of interlocking joints, they provide an air-tight partition and adapt to natural shorelines due to the easy formation of external and internal curves.
Main applications of EPZ sheet piling:
– securing and regulating the river banks, lakes, ponds and other water bodies
– reinforcement and effective sealing of flood embankments
– construction of dikes (they will effectively protect the structure from being washed away)
– construction of a retaining wall with a system of lashings and anchors (they are ideal for securing slopes, excavations and landslides)
– protection of banks with fluctuating water levels
– protection against erosion and destruction and limit water infiltration
– creation of partitions for ecologically endangered areas, e.g. separation of groundwater, or other bodies of water, where there are ecological hazards, i.e. landfills, industrial zones.
Why you should choose EPZ vinyl sheet piles:
– do not require maintenance and do not lose mechanical and strength parameters
– are resistant to mechanical factors, i.e. scratches and cracks
– do not corrode and are resistant to UV radiation, seawater action
– thanks to the use of interlocking joints are a tight barrier
– adapt to the natural shoreline thanks to easy formation of external and internal curves
– are not harmful to the environment
Being an experienced manufacturer of PVC products, we guarantee high quality and unchanging reproducibility of the parameters of our sheet piling through the entire production cycle from preparation of mixtures to extrusion of profiles. In 2015, Ecological Barrier Profiles won the certificate , “Product Warmia Mazury” for its high quality and innovation. We produce our products on the basis of formulas developed in the company’s laboratory. With a diverse range, high production capacity and the ability to conduct research and development, we are able to meet all the requirements of our customers. We provide a wide range of ecological barrier profiles, technical assistance, customization, fast order processing and delivery to the indicated address. We offer competitive prices and favorable payment terms. We take an individual approach to each customer, providing friendly and professional service.
Here to download the data sheet for each sheet pile
Documents to download:
National Technical Assessment
C ompany Production Control
National Declaration of Product Characteristics
WAYS OF INSTALLING VINYL SHEET PILES
HAMMERING – the most common method , in which sheet piles are mechanically pressed into the ground , using vibratory hammers . Light equipment with low impact energy is used , in order to fully protect the sheet piles from damage .The type of equipment used depends on the type of soil , depth of embedment and strength of the sheet pile .
JETTING – the method used for installation of sheet piles in strictly cohesive or highly compacted soils . Under certain conditions , the force of vibratory hammers may not be sufficient to achieve the required embedment . The purpose of the flushing technique is to create pressure under the foot of the cofferdam , which will loosen and remove the soil under the pile .
Three jetting techniques are used :
- Jetting with compressed air
- Jetting with low-pressure water
- Jetting with high pressure water
DIGGING – method used in the construction of a pile wall with a small depression often in rocky soils , when it is not possible to use both hammering and jetting techniques . The sheet piles are installed in advance in an excavated trench, which is then filled on both sides of the wall with a project-selected ballast. It is recommended to harden the ballast used.